The Louisiana Mortgage Lenders Association is organized:
- to encourage among its members sound and ethical mortgage lending practices and methods. Members’ business practices preserve and improve the mortgage lending correspondent system and support its use in the originating, marketing, and/or servicing of mortgage investments.
- to effectively represent the interest of the real estate finance industry before the Louisiana state legislature.
- to inform its members of changes in laws and of pending legislation affecting the mortgage lending business.
- to sponsor meetings for the discussion of problems of interest to the mortgage lending profession.
- to develop and encourage the education of its personnel.
- to improve all aspects of the business.
- to inform the public of Louisiana about mortgage lenders: their beneficial effect on the State’s economy and the commercial and residential services they render.